So it shouldn’t be a shock that the Midwest has some pretty stellar students…and I talk about my students like a proud grandma #noshame.
At the end of each semester, SFLA’s Regional Coordinators go through all the work our groups have done. I thought this would be a great time to share with you JUST A FEW of the HUNDREDS of amazing things the Midwest SFLA groups completed this Spring!
Awesome event ideas!
- Willows Academy in Illinois collected over 4,000 diapers for their local PHC!
- Mizzou SFL placed a flyer on every 4th seat in the big lecture halls on campus in order to show students ¼ of their generation is gone to abortion.
- Beckman Catholic had a pizza party because the Planned Parenthood they regularly prayed at closed!!!!
- University of Kearney SFL hosted a free babysitting night
- Quincy University held a SWOS tabling event to find ways to better pregnant/parenting resources on campus
- Multiple groups hosted a Cemetery of the Innocents display (Pictured: Wheaton Voice for Life, Maverick Students for Life, and Concordia Students for Life)
- Duhawks for Life at Loras College made Pregnancy Resource Folders for RA’s on campus
- Creighton University SFL hosted a Shoe Display to represent the lives lost to abortion
- Fort Hays State Students for Life made blankets for their local maternity home
- Multiple groups take advantage of our Event in a Box each month. Jan/Feb was a Movie Screening and our college groups received 3801 Lancasater, which is about Kermit Gosnell. UNL SFL hosted the movie screening in their campus’s auditorium and had a great turnout!!
- Ravens Respect Life at Benedictine placed a Memorial of the Unborn on Campus
- And of course…Praying at Planned Parenthood…March for Life…Cupcakes…and Chalking were the main events across the board! (Pictured: Eureka College SFL, University of Iowa SFL, and Joliet Catholic Academy Respect Life)
How they raised money
- Multiple groups raised money by selling Puppy Chow…I don’t know what it is with my students and Puppy Chow, but I like it.
- Students for Life at Dowling Catholic hosted a Skate for Life
- Pro-Life Club at Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart raised money for Project Rachel by hosting a bake sale
- SLU SFL organized a Run for Their Lives 5K!
Kansas City Leadership Summit
- Our first ever KC Leadership Summit was hosted in March. We trained 14 groups (50 students)! Woohoo! Shout out to Eureka Students for Life for driving the farthest!
- In March I traveled with the Women Betrayed and We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood Tour to 11 schools. 11 groups went through the training and then hosted the display in order to spread the truth and engage in conversation with students on campus. Groups were able to recruit members for their group, promote their group and of course the truth to PP and where women can go for comprehensive help!